Misc. Quick Tips
(Paul W. 03/23/07)
1. Windows Key + L - locks your screen
2. Delete files w/o putting them in the Recycle bin by holding down the Shift key as you hit the Delete key.
3. If you accidently delete something in Word or Excel (and some other apps too) that you didn't mean to, use
Ctrl + Z to undo your mistake before you make any other changes.
4. Want to insert a CD without having it automatically start it's install process? Hold the Shift key down for
5 to 10 seconds after you insert the CD.
5. Add an application to your Start menu list by right clicking on the applications executable file (e.g. "notepad.exe"
for the Notepad application) and choosing "Pin to Start Menu". Right-click again and choose "Unpin from Start Menu"
if you want to remove it or Open the Start Menu and right-click on the icon and choose "Unpin from Start Menu".